Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Madeleines

I decided to try a new recipe today! I bought a madeleine cookie pan at TJ Maxx last week and I finally mustard the courage to try and conquer the recipe. It was an experience and it definitely tested my culinary skills (when I say this I mean browning butter and grating a lemon rind haha) but they turned out really well.

For those of you who don't know what madeleines are, they are spongy shortbread cookies that are in the shape of a shell. They are so pretty and great for bridal showers, baby showers, and house warming cookies.


There are a ton of recipes online for this cookie, but I just used the recipe that came in the box with the pan. If you're interested in buying a pan I'd check TJ Maxx first. I got it for $7.99 and its much cheaper than prices you'll find online for a madeleine pan. I believe the company is Fox Run that makes the pan. 

And apparently I've been living under a rock for the past couple years because I just started watching True Blood and I'm addicted! (I know, like I need another show to start following haha) 


and if none of you have watched the show before...

.... this man right here is enough to make you start watching. haha

I still have yet to hear back from the medical sales company to see if they want an in person interview so please pray that they contact me soon and that they want one!

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday! 

xo, 
eMr



2 comments:

  1. Yum, madeleines! We used to make those all the time when I was little, so easy to consume a panful in one sitting. I'm praying for you to get that job, you deserve it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cookies look amazing :) love all the goodies you can find at TJs! have a great weekend XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your sweet comments! It really brightens my day :)