Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cooler Lusting

I've been trying to get all ready for graduation. I have my hair appointment tomorrow (I can't tell y'all how much I am in desperate need of a cut and color!) and I debated getting my nails done, but I'm pretty good when it comes to painting my own so I thought I'd save some money instead. I think I'm going to get a spray tan tomorrow or Friday too,  just so I have a nice little glow.

I'm trying to make sure my family is in tip top shape as well for pictures. It literally took me almost an hour to convince my dad to shave his beard. He never used to have a beard while I was growing up and just recently started growing one. I think its his way of handling my sister and I getting older. Maybe he's dealing with a midlife crisis...some buy corvettes, mine grows a beard.  He seemed really torn though about shaving the beard, even for his little girl (I'm a complete Daddy's girl and I am his little princess haha). I still don't know if he is going to shave it or not, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see (I'm betting he does).

Also while wasting time on Pinterest today, I found the cutest cooler! I'm seriously debating buying it or making something like it for Liv's bridesmaid girls trip (and for myself for the beach and pool haha).




The lady that makes them uses LP fabric instead of paint! Isn't it just the cutest thing ever?! I'm trying to figure out how she did it...mod podge on top of the fabric maybe? I don't know, but I want one real bad haha. If you have any suggestions on how she might make them I'd love to hear it! 

You can find them here. She can also leave space for you to put your monogram or a sorority decal. Ah! I just love it and thought I'd share my Pinterest find and possibly the next craft project I undertake haha. 

xo,
eMr

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun cooler! compared to a lot of the common boring ones. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a mod podge specifically for fabric! That might help some, they have it at Wal-Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lilly print cooler! So cute!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making coolers! I made my boyfriend one for his fraternity formal to New Orleans and boy did Modge Podge saved me! Fabric, I am assuming, can be tricky because it is thick. I did the same type of technique on his with Vineyard Vines, here are the steps I used and maybe you can try to recreate it with Lilly!

    1. Sand the cooler
    2. Prime and dry, then use Modge Podge (MP) and dry
    3. Find Lilly swatches online (google LP prints in images)and save onto a MW document
    4. Print on a LASER PRINTER! (otherwise ink will smear)
    5. Cut out the squares
    6. Cover just enough of the cooler for one square (it's easier to work in small sections), apply and flatten so there are no bubbles
    7. Once all of the squares are on, let dry and then cover with another coat of MP, let dry and then finish with Triple Thick gloss

    Sounds like a lot of steps but it is so easy! Also you can join "The Cooler Connection" of fb to get ideas. Hope this helps and good luck :)

    -Kayla
    kaylajustine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so extremely helpful!!! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. Oh my word how fabulous is this cooler! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a blog post where someone made one of these with LP wrapping paper and Mod Podge - it turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your sweet comments! It really brightens my day :)