Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hot Spiced Tea

I don't know about y'all, but I have been loving this cooler weather!

My friend and sorority sister, Taylor and I have been taking walks every night after work and it has been so wonderful just chatting away. I think these walks at night have really helped me sleep better too!

I usually would wake up 15 minutes before my alarm would go off, but lately its been a struggle to get out of bed. I guessing it's because of my new nightly routine, walk with Taylor, cup of tea and watch TV with mom, and then the basics of showering, brushing my teeth, and jumping into bed at a decent hour (yeah, I can't really make it past 10 now haha I'm getting old!)

I usually just pop in a normal decaffeinated tea bag into a cup of hot water at night, but with it being the arrival of fall, I think it's time for some Hot Spice tea.


Hot Spiced Tea

Ingredients

2 cups orange breakfast drink mix (We use Tang)
1 cup unsweetened instant tea
1/3 cup sweetened lemonade drink mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions
In a large bowl combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons in a cup of hot water and enjoy!

The mix makes a great gift as well for a hosting gift, sick friend, or just a random present. Just put it in a mason jar and put some fabric on the lid or decorate it however you please. 

I also found a similar recipe for Hot Spice punch here!  I am going to have to try this one at Thanksgiving!

Have a great Tuesday!

xo,
eMr




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your sweet comments! It really brightens my day :)