This made me think though of how hard the dating scene is today. Do you know what our generation is called by sociologists...the hook-up generation. Did that just make you cringe as much as it made me? Our generation is the first to all together skip dating and go straight to hooking up with someone. No strings attached. And the saddest thing is that most women think that this will lead to a relationship! Girls let me tell you that is a lie. Don't believe those movies with Ashton Kutcher and Justin Timberlake haha.
"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellsprings of life."
I thought I'd give you a list of the type of man worth waiting for. This is for all you who are single, dating, and even married. I got it from the book Lady in Waiting by Jackie Kendal and Debby Jones and I highly recommend every woman to read it.
1. Spirit- controlled Christian (Ephesians 5:18)
2. Jesus is number one in his life, not just an ornament. (Mark 12:30)
3. Broken; understands how to rely totally upon Jesus. (Philippians 4:13)
4. Ministry-minded, wherever he is, he is available. (1 Corinthians 4:2)
5. Motivator; man of vision, concerned about lost souls. (Romans 10:14)
6. Sensitive spirit; in tune to the needs of others (Galatians 6:2)
7. Understands the awesome responsibility of a husband to his wife. (Ephesians 5:25-31)
8. Humble enough to be a disciple (teachable) and able to disciple others. (Matthew 28:19-20)
9. Man of prayer; he knows the key to his success is his private time with God. (Colossians 4:2)
10. Family man; he desires to have children and raise them properly for God's glory. (Proverbs 22:6)
11. Puts the needs of others ahead of his own. (Philippians 2:3-4)
12. Rejoices in his relationship with Christ. (John 15:11)
13. Maintains proper relationships. (Hebrews 12:14)
14. Refuses to jump ahead of God's timing. (Psalm 37:7)
15. Seeks to meet the practical needs of others. (Ephesians 4:32)
16. Stands for what is right. (Romans 2:9-10)
17. Follows through on his God- given responsibilities. Realizes "he + Jesus = adequacy for any God- given job." (1 Corinthians 4:2)
18. Understands the importance of feelings and emotions. (Colossians 3:12)
19. Flees temptations to compromise. (Proverbs 25:28)
20. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." -Galatians 5:22-23
I hope y'all have a fabulous Friday!