Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DIY Card Holder

Yesterday, I took on a what I thought would be a little project. I've been wanting to go through my box of cards for a while now and decided while procrastinating I'd do it last night.

What You Need:
Binder
Hole Puncher
Cards


I have a box of cards underneath my bed that go all the way back to when I was 14. I can't tell you how happy I am that I kept all of these, especially when some were from family members that have passed away. Some were also given by friends from high school and they were absolutely hilarious! I had completely forgotten about half the inside jokes in them. 

(The birthday line! Holy moly, maybe I'm a pack rat haha)

I first organized and stacked my cards from ages 14 to 23, then stacked up other piles with Christmas cards, graduation, Easter, and Valentine's Day. This is what by far took the longest in this whole process. 


I then hole punched them and placed them in a binder from top to bottom and overlapped them. 


and Voila! 

The cover is a free printable from Monograms and Manicures blog. She has the cutest printables! I'm in love with this pink chevron pattern. 

Am I pack rat or do you keep all of your cards too?

I'd highly suggest it, especially to all of you girls still in high school. It melted my heart reading the stuff people wrote about me, some even brought me to tears. This is definitely one of those, "if there was a fire and your family (and dogs haha) were safe, what are some things you'd grab" item for me. 

Have a wonderful Wednesday! 

xo, 
eMr

9 comments:

  1. That is a great idea!! I have my old cards and I need to do something like this! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to do this with all my wedding cards! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I'm definitely going to have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! I used to be a huge pack rat, but I've started getting better. I just found all of my report cards from kindergarten - 8th grade and I can't decide if I should keep them or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea! I keep all my cards too! I would feel so guilty throwing them away!
    I'm definitely going to do this!
    Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT photos, girl! I'm new here and I LOVE the look and feel of your site so far! Off to check out some more posts. Have a wonderful week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely love this! what a super idea... i will be crafting a one of my very own. i have a shoe box full :)
    thank you for sharing this happy!

    xoxo.
    b.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting to make one of these! I just can part with all my cards but I dont know what to do with them. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your sweet comments! It really brightens my day :)