It's chocolate and peanut butter. How could it not be good?
Y'all it was delicious! I could seriously eat this stuff with a spoon!
But besides being absolutely delicious, it looks adorable on the plate.
I got the recipe and photo from here.
¼ cup butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup peanut butter (your choice; crunchy or smooth)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups powdered sugar (up to 2 cups if needed)
½ cup mini chocolate chips
Chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips for the outside of the football
White chocolate or frosting for the football laces
1. Cream butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until mixed (using a hand-held mixer). Mix in vanilla.
2. Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, and mix until combined. (If you want a stiffer mixture, add the extra ½ cup of powdered sugar.) Mix in chocolate chips.
3. Turn out mixture on a large sheet of waxed paper. Use your hands to form into a football shape. (This would also be cute as “lips” for Valentine’s Day!)
4. Place the waxed paper onto your serving plate. (It helps if the plate has sides…less mess!) Cover in sprinkles or chocolate chips, pressing them into the surface a little so they stick. Pipe on the laces using melted white chocolate or some leftover frosting and chill until ready to serve.
5. Serving suggestion: pretzels, animal crackers, cookies, a spoon.
If your mixture is too soft to form into a football shape, chill it for about 15-30 minutes. (The length of chilling time depends on how soft it starts.) The freezer will speed up this step.
Don't forget to link up!