Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Grab Him

So I don't tell this story often, but felt like I should share it this morning. 

About two years ago, my best friend Betsey and I were shopping in Hillsboro Village and were about to walk into a clothing boutique. All of the sudden this curly headed two year old boy comes bolting out with his dad somewhat chasing after him. As clear as day I heard a man say, "Grab him." 

Now, I'm not the type of person to just randomly grab stranger's children by the arm, but that is exactly what I did. The little boy looked up at me and smiled and at that moment I realized the dad was speaking in a completely different language. He smiled at me and in broken English said thank you.

I turned to Betsey and asked if the dad told us to grab him and she said no that no one said anything. At this point, I got chills and was kind of in shock. I knew what I heard. 


I don't know how many of you have ever been to Hillsboro Village in Nashville, but there is a very busy road that runs through it with cars parked on the side. If that little boy was to run out behind one of those parked cars it would be very likely a driver wouldn't see him in time and he would have been hit. 
All that to say, you never know when God is going to use you. In fact, He's probably using you right now without you even realizing it! He takes the most ordinary circumstances and turns them into something extraordinary. I will never forget that experience or that voice as long as I live. 


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

4 comments:

  1. What a great story to share - thank you! I love seeing God in the every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible story- wow! Thank you for sharing :)

    Meggie
    meggiejuly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh- I just love that God wants to speak to us here and now and be involved in our lives! So often we forget that he wants to be involved even in the mundane things and the his Holy Spirit can actually talk to us. What a powerful word- thank you for sharing!

    Lauren @ How Beautiful Are The Feet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your sweet comments! It really brightens my day :)