Its day 2 of my heart recovery. Surprisingly doing really well. Haven't cried so I'm guessing thats a sign I'm a-okay haha. I honestly think its because in my heart of hearts I knew this guy wasn't right for me, or at least not right now. I've been talking to my closest friends about all this and my Bible study leader who is one of the Godliest women I know. This is what she texted me this morning:
"I just heard yesterday that when you are single looking for the one you should be working on yourself to become the person who you would like to meet and marry someday. When you are ready and the other person who has also been working on themselves all this time find each other you will be a better fit. So many times we try to fit our will into His design and we just end up getting hurt more. All that to say, it does hurt. It is very hard and lonely but do not undermine yourself. If he is not the one, God does have a better plan even though we cannot see why or how. All He wants you to do now is trust Him and walk and talk with Him. I love you."
So true! Just wait. I'm going to live the single life up :) Not in a crazy drinking making out with random boys way, but in God's way and discovering more about myself through Him.
On a brighter note...RUSH is this week at UTC. I thought I'd share a few pointers since I've been through it and have been behind the scenes of it for four years of my life haha.
1. Go in with an open mind. You may already have an idea of what sorority you want going into rush whether it's based on your friends in it, you know its good nationally, you're a legacy, etc. You'd be surprised, however, that once you go through you might realize that it's not the one for you. This happened to me at UTC. Everyone I knew was in one particular sorority, but when I went through I realized that I had fallen in love with another sorority and that was where I needed to be. Also, one sorority is different at every school and has different reputations.
2. Dress to impress. I know this sounds superficial and no we aren't judging you on how many designer brands you have on, but if you look like you really don't care about rushing, people will think you won't care about the sorority and your sisters as well. Think of it as a business interview, you want to be taken seriously.
3. Smile. :)
4. Don't drop out just yet. I'll be honest. Recruitment is bizarre. It just is. You have to walk in some house and have girls chant songs at you, have a 5 minute conversation, and then are supposed to base your decision off that. Stick with it. I promise it gets better after the first two nights and you start actually forming relationships.
5. It really is a mutual selection process. I know you girls going through think that we only choose you, but I'm here to tell you a secret... that is FALSE. We may love you, but you may love another sorority and drop us. It's as much of your decision as it is ours.
6. If you don't get your number one choice, it's not the end of the world. I know you might be hurt and disappointed, but give the other one a shot. You're there for a reason and it might actually be the best place for you. Give it a couple weeks and if you still don't like it, go through rush again the next year.
7. Soak it all in. Whether your going through or on the other side, it goes by so fast. Enjoy your college years and cherish your letters.
Good Luck to everyone who is going through recruitment!
Have a blessed Wednesday! :)