Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Chukkers for Charity

Imagine my surprise when last week I get an email from Vineyard Vines asking me to come to a wine and cheese event they're hosting at their store. Not going to lie, it made me feel pretty special.

Why did I get this invite? Turns out the charity I've been volunteering for partnered up with them to raise money for their huge fundraising event, Chukkers for Charity. 10% off all the purchases that day went to Saddle Up!



Before I go into the event, I want to tell y'all a little bit about what Saddle Up is. Its a charity in Nashville that allows children with disabilities to take horse back riding lessons. I know what you're thinking, how does horse back riding help children with disabilities? But depending on how severe the disability is, it can help a child talk, actually sit up without being strapped in a wheel chair, teach responsibility, and focus, etc.

I've only been volunteering there for a few weeks and have already fallen in love with several of the kids, horses, and volunteers. I know this may sound cheesy, but their is so much joy and love in that place that you can't help but smile when you get a kid in the saddle and walk them around the arena.

 If you're in the Nashville area and want to help out, click here. There are other organizations that use therapeutic riding, so if this sound interesting to you, see if there is one in your community. I'd strongly advise it.


Back to Vineyard Vines, so when I walk into the store they have two large tables set up with VV table cloths, VV solo cups, VV cooler, VV napkins, cheese, crackers, wine, sparkling water, and I'm thinking this is how to shop! (I took pictures of it on my phone, but for some reason they are not being sent to my email so I'll have to put those up later.)

And here's what I bought! 


The Westerly Vest in navy. I love that my small glass of wine convinced me to buy this. How perfect for fall with a striped button down or just a t-shirt? I see myself hiking or grocery shopping in it haha. 

But what I was really drooling over, and might possibly purchase later for UTC's homecoming, were these two dresses...



Aren't they adorable?! I just don't know which one I love more...

Happy Friday!

xo,
eMr

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I JUST realized that our schools are in the same conference! Haha we play y'all September 22!! Go App! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your sweet comments! It really brightens my day :)