Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Taylor's Yummy Chicken Pot Pie

This is one of my all time favorite recipes that I picked up while in college. It comes from my friend Taylor (if you couldn't tell by the name) and its super easy to make and great for a group of people.


 This was taken freshman year of college at a Campus Crusade for Christ retreat! (which ironically enough was where I was first introduced to Taylor's Yummy Chicken Pot Pie haha) Taylor's on the far right and I'm in the middle representing the blondes.


Ingredients: 
2 cans of can chicken
2 cans of Veg-all
1 can of Cream of Celery soup
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1 bag of shredded Velveeta cheese
1 box pie crust

Directions:
Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Drain chicken and Veg-all and mix with soups in a 9 by 13 casserole dish. Dash with salt and pepper. Cover with shredded Velveeta cheese. Cover with one pie crust (cut pie crust into 5 pieces an layer on top). Cook for 45 minutes or until pie crust starts to brown. Voila! 

Now, Lord only knows how many calories are in this thing, but let me tell you, its delicious.  Taylor used to make it all the time when we would have Campus Crusade for Christ get togethers and everyone would always go back for seconds! It's especially great for people who aren't a fan of having a lot of crust, like most chicken pot pies have.

Keep sending me your recipes! I have only been sent one so far so keep them coming!

xo,
eMr

2 comments:

  1. I love chicken pot pie!! I'll have to try out this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor used to make that when I lived with her freshman year. So delicious and easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your sweet comments! It really brightens my day :)