Yes, title from The Little Mermaid, but you got to admit it's a step above from Justin Beiber haha. And because I haven't mentioned the Bachelorette in a while, I stay true to my predictions. Arie's got this thing, so now Sean can be mine lol.
Since I'm having this online recipe box for all of us to trade recipes, I decided to do the opening post on my favorite little kitchen must haves. Some of these are great for dorm rooms, even if you can only have a refrigerator and microwave.
1. Hamilton Beach Single Serve Blender with Travel Lid. I love this thing. If you like to make smoothies in the morning, but don't like dealing with a huge blender this is perfect for you. It's easy to clean, makes a serving for one, and if you're tight on time getting to class or work, just unscrew the top and put in a straw! Plus, it usually goes for about $15, but sometimes you can find it for $10. Mine's lasted a year so far with no problems.
2. Little Coffee Maker. I used to not be a religious coffee drinker until I entered my third year of college. Now, I have to have my cup every morning to get the day going. Keurigs are great, but are pricey and the K cups can get expensive. If its out of your budget a little Mr. Coffee will work just fine, and you can make more than one cup for a lower price.
3. Pyrex containers. Not something you think about, but when you have a large amount of left overs, you'll thank me. And some you can use as glass cooking wear, which is a double plus.
4. Bag of Kitchen Utensils. For Mac and Cheese, Ramen, and anything else you decide to cook. Another thing I did not think of as a freshman....tried using a plastic fork to stir my macaroni...yeah it melted.
5. Oven Mitts. Don't burn your hands!
6. A few pots and pans.
7. A Brita. Because that dorm or apartment water probably isn't clean or doesn't taste very good. It's also a great way to save money and the environment from plastic water bottles.
I'm probably forgetting a few things, but you get the jist.
What's a kitchen item that you can't live without? and be sure to email me your posts with recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org! This is a great way to meet more people in the blogging world! :)
Have a great Tuesday!