Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras

I’ve never really celebrated Mardi Gras since New Orleans is a couple hundred miles away from my little abode, but this year I’m feeling festive.  So in honor of Mardi Gras, and a seemingly southern tradition, my mom and I made gumbo this weekend and I brought some back to school to enjoy. We found the recipe online from Paula Deen and let me tell y’all it was absolutely delicious! The whole time we were cooking I kept sneaking in spoonfuls! For the gumbo recipe:  

I also wanted to have King cake, another Mardi Gras tradition, but seeing how my little budget couldn’t afford to mail in a cake from New Orleans I went with the much cheaper do it yourself option. I found aKing Cake Knots recipe from Plain Chicken’s blog. They’re easy to make, cheap, and not to mention super cute! For the Easy King Cake Knots recipe:

Why not take an ordinary day and make it into something fun!

xo,
eMr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your sweet comments! It really brightens my day :)