Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Housewarming Gift Guide

So I don't know if any of you got the memo, but as soon as you become a freshman in life weird stuff starts to happen, as in your friends start getting married, buying houses, and having babies (meanwhile I'm just sitting here getting awesome).

I have literally had three of my friends buy houses in the last few months! It's nuts, but of course I am also absolutely thrilled for them.

Me, being the Southern lady that I am, knows that it is only appropriate to come up with the perfect housewarming gift for your friends, coworkers, and family. Heaven forbid, you walk into a housewarming party empty handed.

Here are a few of my favorite picks and my go to guide when trying to find the perfect "it" gift.



1. Wine. Seriously, when can you not go wrong with the stuff? The best thing I've ever heard about networking, "Is to keep a bottle of wine in your trunk and business cards in your pocket." So true. Pair with some pretty wine glasses and you have a great go to for any housewarming party. My favorite is Cupcake's Moscato wine.

2. Create a housewarming jar. This is what I've recently started doing for friends of mine who don't host housewarming parties (I know, I know. Why would you not host one when you have such a great excuse? Beats me). I filled the two I made up with kitchen sponges, nice kitchen soap, bandaids, Advil, a Caphalon kitchen towel, and for my friends with dogs, dog treats. There are plenty great housewarming jar ideas online. This would also be fun to create a dorm jar for an upcoming freshman in college!

3. Now, I've heard mixed things about how these home ornaments have turned out, but I still think that they are a neat and personalized gift. Who wouldn't want a mini version of their first home on their Christmas tree each year? You can find them here.

4. Sometimes, all you want is a nice cup of coffee, and with plenty of new mortgage bills and upcoming house projects they'll be begging for some. If you have a large price range, buy a Keurig if the person doesn't already own one or pair some cute mugs with a nice bag of coffee. Buy something that they wouldn't usually splurge on themselves, like Starbucks over Foldgers.

5. Gift Cards. I usually like to make my gifts a little more personalized, but gift cards can be a lifesaver when you're in a hurry or don't have a clue what to get. Home Depot and Lowe's are great choices for the renovators who have all those household projects to conquer. Also, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Home Goods, and Target are great choices for those who are ready to decorate.

6. Fresh flowers always liven up a room and make a house a home. I love potted orchids so those are usually my first choice, but even a simple bouquet is a sweet gesture.

7. Monogrammed pillows. I am loving those "established since ---" pillows that have become so popular, but those are usually better fit as wedding gifts. Buying pillows for someone can be tricky, but if you know the person's taste you could have a hit on your hands. I found the one shown here, but Dear Lillie also has some great pillows with verses and song quotes, which I adore!

8. Personalized Door Knocker. Come on. Anything you can put someone's name or monogram on I'm an instant fan of. I found the one shown here.

Remember, the trick to good gift giving is to buy products and things that you personally love, chances are they love them too!

Any great gift ideas I missed? I would love to hear them!

Have a blessed Friday!

eMr



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your sweet comments! It really brightens my day :)